Monday, March 14, 2016

Next planning meeting is Thursday, April 7 from 6 - 7 PM in JH Orchestra Room

Hope to see you there!

Here are the leadership notes from the last meeting, provided by Bev Mastalski:

Bev Mastalski:  Program, Fundraising, Grantwriting

Linda Zheng: Paperwork

Rachel Schiera:  Student Social Event, Stage Logistics, Grantwriting

Laura Herrington:  Gift/Tote Bags



These roles can be fluid for now, until we see how much work each role takes.  I don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed! I applied for a Walmart grant last week, and should hear about it within 90 days.  I asked for $2500, which was the maximum available for a Walmart Community Grant.  I outlined the snack/water needs, the academic scavenger hunt/social opportunity, and the gift/tote bag requests as well as pencils, erasers, and notebooks for the bags.  I am really hopeful that this will come through.  If it doesn't, we can apply again, or consider applying through Sam's Club.

Sharon and I are going to work on a Costco grant, also. 

I have signed a contract with Park Inn for housing/breakfasts, and we have security lined up through our school security guards.  I am working on a couple of other contracts, and will be meeting soon with Eleanor Sherry to discuss our cafeteria meals.

The whole process is a little bit daunting, but with your support, we are moving forward, and the plans are going well.  Many schools are noticing that we are working ahead, and are pleased with our progress!

I'll have more to report at our meeting on April 7.

Thanks so much, everyone!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment